321 High Street
Ph: (843) 921-1020
- Current enrollment at Cheraw Primary School is 578.
- There are 49 teachers and administrators and 32 support staff members.
- The student to teacher ratio ranges from 15:1 to 21:1.
- Cheraw Primary School (CPS) is fully accredited.
- The school has received the Exemplary Writing Award for 97-98, 98-99, 00-01, and 03-06.
- CPS has also received the Literacy Spot Award and achieved deregulation status.
- CPS has previously received the School Incentive Award.
Speech therapy, ABT occupational, and physical therapy is provided as needed. Special classes are provided for identified students in preschool through second grade.
CPS has an all-clear status with the Accreditation Section of the State Department of Education
and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
. Our school met Adequate Yearly Progress in 07-08.
Each grade level performs a program during the year directed by the music teacher, art teacher, physical education teacher, and the librarian.
Field trips, visits by children's authors and illustrators, and an after-school care program are provided for students.