Welcome to the Central High School Guidance Webpage!
We are happy you have chosen to utilize this important tool for your academic and career planning as well as your personal/social needs.
The website will be updated on a regular basis to meet the needs of our students and their families, so make sure to check it regularly.
Allow us to introduce ourselves.....
Mrs. Katie Cooper, Director of Guidance
11th and 12th Grades
Ms. Kristy Pratt, Guidance Counselor
9th and 10th Grades
Mrs. Regina Mungo- Guidance Secretary
AP Calculus Exam: May 8th
AP English Exam: May 9th
AP US History Exam: May 15th Tuesday, May 21st: Algebra 1
Wednesday, May 22nd: Biology 1
Thursday, May 23rd: English 1
Friday, May 24th: US History
Awards Day: May 29th
Senior Exams: May 30th and 31st
Underclassmen Exams: June 5th and 6th
Graduation: June 8th
Please visit www.fastweb.com to set up an account.
*Other scholarship opportunities may not be listed here. Come by Guidance if you need a copy of a scholarship application that has been shared in your classes or on the morning announcements.
Scholarship Search Engines
6.) www.FastAid.com 7.) www.CollegeView.com
1. Christian Connector: www.christianconnector.com
2. Harry Hampton, Wallace F. Pate, David M. Cline and James O. Thomason Scholarships: www.hamptonwildlifefund.org/scholarship.html
Harry Hampton: students who wish to futher their education the natural resources discipline such as wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry, or marine science. The recipient will receive the scholrship for 4 years of college as long as he or she maintains a GPR of 2.5 or above.
David M. Cline: students who wish to further their education in the natural resources discipline such as wildlife biology, fisheries biology, forestry or marine science. The recipient receives the scholarship for one year of college.
David M. Cline: students who wish to further their education in law enforcement/criminal justice.
James O. Thomason: students who wish to further their education in print or photo journalism, advertising, public relations or mass communication. The recipient will receive the scholarship for 4 years of college as long as he or she maintains a GPR of 2.5 or above. This scholarship requires the student to submit an essay.
3. McNair Scholars Program (Francis Marion University): Application due November 19 www.fmarion.edu/fmuadmission/scholarship
4. SunTrust Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes: offtocollege.info
5. John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Essay Contest: Due Jan 5, www.jfklibrary.org
6. Horatio Alger Association Scholarship: Due October 25, www.horatioalger.org/scholarships
7. Kittie Moss Fairey Educational Fund Scholarship Program: Due Dec. 1, www.csascholars.org
8. SC Junior Golf Foundation Scholarship Program: Due Dec. 1, www.scholarshipprograms.org
9. Young Entrepreneur Foundation Award: Due December 17, www.NFIB.com/YEA
10. Ronald McDonald House Charities US Scholarship Program: Due December 20, www.rmhc.org for information or apply at https://aim.applyists.net/RMHC
11. AXA Achievement Scholarship: Due December 1, www.axa-achievement.com
12. AXA Achievement Community Scholarship: Due February 1, www.axa-achievement.com
13. American Legion Scholarship and Financial Aid Info: www.legion.org/needalift
14. Templeton Press Essay Contest: Due Dec. 31, lawsoflifecontest.com
15. Below is a list of scholarships
16. Stephen J. Brady Scholarship: Due Dec. 5, www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship.php
17. Davidson Fellows Scholarships: Due Feb 6, www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship.php
18. Gilbraitti Scholarship: Due March 1, www.mortgagebrokerslangley.ca/application.php
19. Odenza Marketing Group Spring Award: Due March 30, www.studentscholarships.org/scholarship.php
20. 10 Words or Less Scholarship: Due April 1, www.facebook.com/myscholarships
21. BBG Communications 2013 Scholarship: Due June 30, http://breylancommunications.com
22. Burger King Scholars Program: Due Jan 10, www.bkmclamorefoundation.org/WhatWeDo/ScholarsProgram
23. NAFEPA Scholarship Program: Come by Guidance for Application
24. SCATA Scholarship: Come by Guidance for Application
25. Hark Digital Media Scholarship: Due April 20, www.hark.com/about/scholarship
26. Conestoga Bank "Future Banking" Scholarship: Due May 15, conestogabank.com/promotions
Collision Repair Education Foundation - Amount Variable
Skills USA - Amount Variable
The Automotive Hall of Fame Scholarship - Amount Variable
The Automotive Aftermarket Association of the Carolinas and Tennessee Scholarship Program - $250-$1,000
Best Buy Scholarship - $1,000
Charley Wootan Grant Program - $1,000-$4,000
Buick Achievers Scholarship Program
100- $25,000 (renewable) 1,000- $2,000 (non-renewable)
The Automotive Women’s Alliance Scholarship Fund - $1,000-$2,000
The SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund - $1,000- $4,000
Castrol USA Eric Medlen Outperformers Scholarship - $2,500-$7,500
Mitchell1 Automotive Technology Outstanding Student Scholarship - $2,500
38. James F. Byrnes Foundation Scholarship: Due February 15, www.byrnesscholars.org; must have one or both parents deceased
39. Foundation for Rural Service/(FRS)/Sandhill Telephone Cooperative College Scholarhship: Application available at www.frs.org is Due February 22 to:
Sandhill Telephone Cooperative
PH Box 519
Jefferson, SC 29718
40. Dizzy Gillespie Scholarship; Due: April 19th, applications available in Guidance
41. Best Buy Scholarship Program; Due Feb 15 http://pr.bby.com
42. 2013 Nina Neely Scholarship Essay Contest; Due March 12, application available in Guidance
43. Delta Kapp Gamma Society Education Grant; Due March 7th (to school counselor), application available in Guidance or from Mrs. Alford.
44.Chesterfield County (SC) Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.; Due March 30th (application available in Guidance)
45. Bobby Chapman Junior Golf Foundation Scholarship; Due March 29th (application availabe in Guidance
46. The Dorothy N. Arnold Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior at Central High School living in the Chesterfield County School District area in South Carolina; Due April 22nd (application available in Guidance)
47. Omicron Zeta Omega, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.; Due May 3rd (applications available in Guidance)
48. StudentScholarships.org-many scholarships listed here that change daily.